Author Topic: SMS forwarding reveals the otherwise stealth avast or its alias.  (Read 3154 times)

REDACTED

With sms forwarding enabled on a device, I'm getting android OS pop-up saying: RDP Bridge (my avast alias) is sending a large amount of SMS! With the options to Allow or Deny.
If you chose deny OR the device is out of credit or has zero SMS allowance this window is persistent when avast re-tries to forward on the SMS it has just received. Now add in the SMS from your operator informing you that you are out of credit, and can't send an SMS, which avast also tries to forward...you can imagine the Vicious circle of popups one behind the other you get into.

I have yet to find a way to make the 'Allow' decision permanent. Also if you could excluded texts sent from a particular number (ie. the operator SMS number) from being forwarded.

Any thoughts?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: SMS forwarding reveals the otherwise stealth avast or its alias.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 11:36:58 PM »
Any thoughts?
Yes, read the manual.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:30:25 AM »
Any thoughts?
Yes, read the manual.

Thanks I'm re-downloading it. Must have missed a bit.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:00:22 AM »
Any thoughts?
Yes, read the manual.

There are many occasions when, I'm frustrated by people who ask silly questions because they just haven't read the manual.
However, I tend to restrain myself from total arrogance by answering "Read the manual" when the query is NOT covered in such, said, documentation.

Anybody else have any ideas, how I can stop the android OS from alerting
"The app. RDP-Bridge is sending a large amount of SMS!  Allow? / Deny?"

Offline 1234ava

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 10:18:18 AM »
@spencer10
I don't know if this may help in your case, but on my (rooted) phone with Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod), I have a security setting to block too many text messages being sent in a short time. Default threshold is to disallow more than 30 text messages in 15 minutes, but you can set it up to 500.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 12:08:12 PM »
Thanks. I just had a brain wave.. I'll ask in the MERE forum. I'm now thinking this is a ROM specific problem rather than AAT not obtaining sufficient privilegs. I remember seeing a security setting that enable/disables monitoring/limiting number of SMS sent by apps on my old HTC Wildfire running CM7.
I'm running MERE Custom ROM on my Wiko Cink (Micromax A116) and I can't find any such setting.

Offline 1234ava

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 02:08:18 PM »
Agree, it's probably ROM related rather than AAT related.
So, read the ROM manual;) ;D ::)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »
Agree, it's probably ROM related rather than AAT related.
So, read the ROM manual;) ;D ::)

Lol :D