Author Topic: Blackfight, Reddie and Epictory with svchost.exe malware.  (Read 1737 times)

REDACTED

Blackfight, Reddie and Epictory with svchost.exe malware.
« on: April 19, 2015, 07:10:08 PM »
I have seen quite a few posts with people having this problem on this forum and it seems like it's my turn. Every time I boot my computer it pops up in Avast free anti-virus always as 2 signature dll to websites which varies between the 3 in the title of the post. I have tried all cleaners, root kit, malware/antivirus scanners and even did the same in safe mode but to no avail. Now it's time to ask for some help and I am hoping someone here could help me.

I have all the scanners and tools that I think you guys need, so any help to get rid of this annoyance would be great. If I need to do anything at all, remove, delete etc I will gladly do it.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Blackfight, Reddie and Epictory with svchost.exe malware.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »
This should kill it

CAUTION :  This fix is only valid for this specific machine, using it on another may break your computer

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers

Save this as fixlist.txt, in the same location as FRST.exe

Run FRST and press Fix
On completion a log will be generated please post that

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:18:43 AM »
Hello Essex

Thanks for the quick response, after boot up from the fix I didn't get any pop up regarding Malware to do with the subject title. I have posted the log from after the boot. I hope this has resolved the problem and will comment again tomorrow to let you know if anything has happened since this message.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »
Nope, he is dead :)

BITSAdmin is deprecated and is not guaranteed to be available in future versions of Windows.
Administrative tools for the BITS service are now provided by BITS PowerShell cmdlets.

{F435FD99-06C2-4218-8954-48037520CA94} canceled.
1 out of 1 jobs canceled.
Let me know when you are happy