Author Topic: Stupid question number-- I forget!!  (Read 3655 times)

TheRick

Stupid question number-- I forget!!
« on: November 04, 2005, 03:54:24 AM »
O.K. All of the sudden when I run a scan it list a long list of files that is says were not able to be scanned because they are locked ---
what up??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Stupid question number-- I forget!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 04:03:45 AM »
Are you using other applications meanwhile?
Which are the path and name of some (of most) of the files?
Which is your OS?
The best things in life are free.

TheRick

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 04:09:54 AM »
I am running Xp home -- most of the files are c/:documents (or something like that)
However I do not have any password protection on those files that I know of

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 11:58:29 AM »
However I do not have any password protection on those files that I know of
avast can't scan files that are password protected, it doesn't know the password.
There are many legitimate reasons why a file was password protected. For instance, the ones you're talking about. Lavasoft stores its data in a password-protected ZIP archives (to prevent other similar tools from messing up with them). It's really nothing to worry about - it's normal.

In AdAware and S&D, when you fix/remove things it keeps backup/recovery information so you can restore anything that was mistakenly fixed/removed, etc. After a reasonable time your system has suffered no adverse effects, you can get rid of the older recovery/backup points. This should reduce the number of protected files.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 11:14:03 AM »
If you had been scanning WITHOUT archived files to be scanned before and then on  A subsequent scan enabled the archive scan this will often result in a LONG LOG of messages that files are password protected and cannot be scanned as a result.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 12:51:16 PM »
If you had been scanning WITHOUT archived files to be scanned before and then onĀ  A subsequent scan enabled the archive scan this will often result in a LONG LOG of messages that files are password protected and cannot be scanned as a result.
If you want the log, just remember to check the proper option into the Report settings of avast: Soft errors and Skipped files.