Author Topic: www.spyarsenal.com spreads infected software  (Read 4649 times)

Leksa

www.spyarsenal.com spreads infected software
« on: November 05, 2005, 09:54:07 PM »
www.spyarsenal.com spreads infected software. It’s not the reason for complain, but THEY TAKES MONEY FOR IT!!! I downloaded archive thru the link: http://www,spyarsenal,com/statdir/REMOVETHISTOGETINFECTED/stat,php?id=download_fkl
While installing Avast found the virus, but didn’t manage to repair it.
I'm MAD. DATH TO spyarsenal !!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 01:44:33 PM by Leksa »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: www.spyarsenal.com spreads infected software
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 10:22:29 PM »
If this true or even suspected, then please modify the links so that they aren't active. This will avoid accidental infection by the innocent or curious.

E.G. use spaces, etc. to break up the link http:// www . spyarsenal.con/statdir/.....  those that need to check it can remove the spaces if they need to.

You can only repair what is infected/modified if something is totally malicious it can't be repaired. In order to be able to repair an infected file it first be one that avast's VRDB monitors (usually system files, exe, dll, etc) and the VRDB has to have run prior to infection. Check out the avast help file on VRDB for more information.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 10:39:38 PM »
Hello Leksa,

You should not put links here to malware. I checked with pre-hyperlink scanner Dr. Web and indeed this is infected with Trojan.Keylogger.143. You do not want other people run the risk of getting an infection. You should also patch your computer.

greets,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Yinyang4evry1

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 05:18:50 AM »
is dr. web safe? based on your experiences?

thanks,
tim

MFB

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 05:41:54 AM »
is dr. web safe? based on your experiences?

thanks,
tim

Dr. Web (including the extension for firefox) has always been safe as far as I know.   :)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 04:16:46 PM »
Hi yinYang4evry1,

Yes Dr. Web hyperlink pre-scanner plug-in is safe. It is only a small install for FF and IE (some 15 K) and Opera. So whatever browser you use. It pre-scans links on the update server at St. Petersburg of Dr. Web's. The update rank is second only to Kaspersky's bi hourly rate, so you have the latest protection.
Its scans thoroughly all packers, all zip or rar files, all downloads,
all html, all script and gives an OK when all is safe. After that you can click the hyperlink with a minimum of risk for you.
I think it is a very innovative service, and as shown above the link scanner works, how else would I know that Leksa's link as he put it there (made safe now by the moderator) had a hyperlink to Trojan.Keylogger.143. I am really not that reckless to really click this link!! Try it yourself, you find the proof of the pudding is in the tasting.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!