Author Topic: Downloaded Avast free trial +BSoD  (Read 1216 times)

REDACTED

Downloaded Avast free trial +BSoD
« on: July 02, 2015, 12:16:40 AM »
So this isn't my first rodeo with Avast but I ran out of licence agreements and had to download the free trial until pay day.

I recently fixed my Gateway laptop, its a NV55C. I had to replace the screen as it was cracked, it has been out of service for about a year.

Anyways, I immediately downloaded Avast and Anti Maleware, recalling from my last time on the forum. I originally ahd Norton before hand and removed everything, making sure windows was out of the picture as well. It cleaned everything up and has been running fine.

The only thing is I know that after a year of no use, there should be system updates but they have not been registering. Windows Update will barely let me in the program to see the list. The number of updates ranges from 46 to 106 depending on the time of day. Not sure why.

So yesterday It blue screened me with the error BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER and again today with the same thing.

Yesterday though it after it blue-screened and I rebooted, I was able to view the list and try and update. It gave me an error message titled "avastui.exe - application error" and then decided to stop on preparing installation.

IT still runs smoothly. I am not sure what the deal is or if this is even an avast issue, probably not but the application error has been the only thing that has popped up besides the BSoD.

Any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated!

**I have also noticed each time I picked it up during BSoD, It has been pretty warm. All the repairs and installations besides system have been within the last week.

***Windows 7
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:24:12 AM by jordin_lyn »