Author Topic: Bulk Manage: Settings Template  (Read 3488 times)

REDACTED

Bulk Manage: Settings Template
« on: July 03, 2015, 12:01:19 AM »
I have 300+ computers with Avast for Business (cloud) installed. I have a settings template created and want to assign most of them to it. Is there another way, or do I have to go into EACH COMPUTER on business.avast.com to assign it to the template?  (that would take hours, if not days)

Also, in Settings Template, I have:

Company Settings Template:
1 Group
9 Devices

Default Settings Template:
0 Gropus
0 Devices

Where are the settings for the other 300 computers managed? What are groups for and where are groups managed?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Bulk Manage: Settings Template
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 01:43:42 AM »
Make sure the other devices are activated. Network > Devices  choose one and then you have the option to activate all.

You can apply actions/tasks to all clients, but unfortunately I haven't found a way to assign it to a group in mass either, perhaps someone else has found a way.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 03:41:23 PM »
HI,

I have 300+ computers with Avast for Business (cloud) installed. I have a settings template created and want to assign most of them to it. Is there another way, or do I have to go into EACH COMPUTER on business.avast.com to assign it to the template?  (that would take hours, if not days)

You can assign devices to groups.Open the group panel, drag and drop devices into the group. Select the gear icon next to the group and you can assign a settings template to the group.

Where are the settings for the other 300 computers managed? What are groups for and where are groups managed?

If you select a device and it's set to "use parent settings", even tho the parent settingsis set to use the default template  the device count is not reflecting the correct number of devices. The devices are still controlled by the default template in this case but the numbers do not match. We are working on correcting this.
If you change the device from using the parent settings and set it to a specific template, it will then add that device to the "used by" count.

Thanks!

Jeff

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 12:54:48 AM »
Thanks for the update Jeff. Didn't know you could assign to a group like that but see it now.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay