Author Topic: Webpage not responding  (Read 3096 times)

REDACTED

Webpage not responding
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:36:18 PM »
Repeatedly getting this error while browsing (IE_11), methinks something is amiss.  ???
(MBAM and Avast return clean)

Thanks in advance for your help.

REDACTED

Re: Webpage not responding
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:14:44 AM »
Waited three days before re-posting.
Perhaps nothing was found?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:33:12 AM »
Your post seems to be missed .... will notify removal team

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 01:08:11 AM »

Open notepad by pressing the Windows Key + R key, typing notepad in the Run box and pressing Enter.  Please copy the contents of the quote box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it and select copy. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it to your desktop as fixlist.txt

Start
CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin-x32: @Microsoft.com/NpCtrl,version=1.0 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.30514.0\npctrl.dll No File
CHR Extension: (Angry Birds) - C:\Users\JB\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\aknpkdffaafgjchaibgeefbgmgeghloj [2014-08-10]
C:\Users\JB\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\aknpkdffaafgjchaibgeefbgmgeghloj
CHR Extension: (Chrome Hotword Shared Module) - C:\Users\JB\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lccekmodgklaepjeofjdjpbminllajkg [2015-03-14]
C:\Users\JB\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lccekmodgklaepjeofjdjpbminllajkg
Task: {A74787B2-B6EC-43AD-90C3-3764782718E1} - System32\Tasks\{8E1D074C-EF67-451B-8262-4F6FC80BABE7} => pcalua.exe -a "C:\Users\JB\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WLMG46JF\jxpiinstall.exe" -d C:\Users\JB\Desktop
cmd: ipconfig /flushdns
cmd: netsh advfirewall reset
cmd: netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on
Reg: Reg Delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg" /F
Reg: Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg" /F
Reg: reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\IPSec\Policy\Local /f
Reg: reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\IPSec\Policy\Local /f
CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers
RemoveProxy:
EmptyTemp:
Reboot:
end

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Start FRST that is on the desktop by right clicking on file and selecting "Run as Administrator..." and press the Fix button just once and wait.

If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Also, tell me how you system is running now.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 05:47:03 AM »
fixlog.txt attached.

I understand most of the fixlist commands, but out of technical curiosity what was the "active ingredient" within the file?

Thank you, dbrisendine. Appreciate your time and attention.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 06:30:11 AM »
Most likely a combination of Resetting the DNS, firewall and clearing all the temp file / caches.  Looks like Java was updated so the cache needed to be cleared. 

How is your system running now?
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 04:32:31 PM »
System is running great, thank you very much.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 09:38:35 PM »
Barring any other problems, let's clean the tools away and off you go ....

Clean up of Malware Removal Tools
Now that we are through using these tools, let's clean them off your system so that should you ever need to have malware removed again (we hope not) fresh, updated copies will be downloaded.

• Download Delfix from here to your desktop and double click it to start the program
  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
    Also tick:
  • Activate UAC
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge system restore
  • Reset system settings

• Click Run
  • The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply.
You can delete any log files left on your desktop as these are no longer needed.

Have a great summer!!  Surf safe!!  8)

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 05:27:36 AM »
Thank you again.
Check your email . . .