Author Topic: Boot scan?  (Read 4206 times)

AvastForever

Boot scan?
« on: November 12, 2005, 04:16:22 AM »
Is doing a Boot scan helpful? I did a Full system scan today, should i do a Boot scan?

And does anyone know when the new version of Avast home/pro is going to come out? it suppose comes out in two weeks, I think its been more than 2 weeks already. I heard it at Oct 27 2005.

And its Avast IM Provider better than ZoneLabs IMsecure? I have install it before but i remove it. Now i want to Install it again but it keep saying that a Newer or same version is already install. But i remove it before so whats going on? I want to know also if Avast IM provider is better than IMSercure? ???
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 06:19:48 AM by AvastForever »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Boot scan?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 12:33:23 PM »
A boot scan is helpful if you believe you have a virus but the file is locked by windows.  I'm afraid I have no info on the IM as I don't use it. Mayhap someone who uses it will be along soon.  As for the new version it will appear when ready can't say any more than that.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 08:46:27 PM »
And does anyone know when the new version of Avast home/pro is going to come out?
Already born... 4.6.731

And its Avast IM Provider better than ZoneLabs IMsecure?
Which part of ZA suite deal with IMs: the firewall or antispyware or the antivirus (if any)?
I think we're talking about different kind of protection.
The best things in life are free.

AvastForever

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 09:57:13 PM »
And does anyone know when the new version of Avast home/pro is going to come out?
Already born... 4.6.731

Which part of ZA suite deal with IMs: the firewall or antispyware or the antivirus (if any)?

Ok thanks. The weird thing is that i put Avast! to a automatic update the program but it didnt. I had to Manual do it. What happen?

And go here to see ZoneLabs IMsecure:
http://www.download.com/IMsecure/3000-2092_4-10327348.html?tag=lst-0-1

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 10:04:51 PM »
Nothing happened ;D literaly, the program updates doesn't happen with the same frequency as the VPS updates. The load is spread over 7 days so as not to overload the servers, some might get it on the first day it is available, some on the 7th day.

What you have found is that active forum members get to know about the updates first ;D and are able to do a manual update, beating the rush ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

AvastForever

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 10:18:29 PM »
Nothing happened ;D literaly, the program updates doesn't happen with the same frequency as the VPS updates. The load is spread over 7 days so as not to overload the servers, some might get it on the first day it is available, some on the 7th day.

What you have found is that active forum members get to know about the updates first ;D and are able to do a manual update, beating the rush ;D

;D Good. Thanks. I guess we lucky then. we get the update first. ;D

AvastForever

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 07:35:53 AM »
Already born... 4.6.731

O yea amost forgot. I not sure if it will confilct with Avast. I dont know unless they do different stuff to proctect you. Since both Avast and Zonelabs IMsercue said that they proctect IM some how. Get some info here and tell me whats soon i do.

And go here to see ZoneLabs IMsecure:
http://www.download.com/IMsecure/3000-2092_4-10327348.html?tag=lst-0-1

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 12:38:23 PM »
Personally I don't use IM, so I can't talk from experience, but if avast was able to provide cover for your IM program I would use that and disable the ZA IMsecure.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security