Author Topic: Cimuz [TRJ] A0007394.dll.vir  (Read 3728 times)

visionary

Cimuz [TRJ] A0007394.dll.vir
« on: November 17, 2005, 12:36:48 PM »
Yikes! I'm Infected-- Win32:Cimuz [Trj] ! I got rid of the main file that caused, did a system restore, but there is still this file in the avast directory A0007394.dll.vir and I am afraid that if I delete it avast won't work. Somehow! it is infected with This trojan, and from what I understand trojans don't infect files... and they normally can be deleted, and if you change your startup back to normal, and get rid of those files, along with the ones under process in [Alt][Control][Delete], but that file in the avast directory is infected, so how can this be? Should I delete it?

Ok I deleted it I hope I did the right thing, I will be waiting for a reply!

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Cimuz [TRJ] A0007394.dll.vir
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 01:07:16 PM »
Hi visionairy,

Here are the characteristics of this virus:
http://www.avira.com/en/threats/TR_Proxy_Cimuz_BG_1_details.html

Hopefully you nipped it in the bud, because it has rootkit technology as you read,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 01:07:40 PM »
Hi visionairy,

Here are the characteristics of this virus:
http://www.avira.com/en/threats/TR_Proxy_Cimuz_BG_1_details.html

Hopefully you nipped it in the bud, because it has rootkit technology as you read,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 03:25:08 PM »
Yikes! I'm Infected-- Win32:Cimuz [Trj] ! I got rid of the main file that caused, did a system restore, but there is still this file in the avast directory A0007394.dll.vir and I am afraid that if I delete it avast won't work.
When you say it is in the avast directory, you don't/didn't specify where, the exact location, could it feasibly be in the Chest directory, "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\chest" where it could do no harm?

What detected the virus?
What type of scan were you running?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

visionary

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 09:23:22 PM »
Thanks for replying.

I cant say the location because I deleted it this morning,  there were like 4 different programs of it starting up (or so I assume because there were that many more programs starting up under msconfig then the [startup] tab). Avast detected the virus, and I was operating normaly, but under high resident protection, and when I tried to delete it with avast it just kept coming back, so I deleted all the programs that were starting up that shouldnt, and deleted more programs that avast found that were viruses, and so I  manually deleted the one it couldn't.  My computer works good now.

So thank all, I will tell you all later if my computer dectects the virus again.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 10:03:27 PM »
Check the avast Log Viewer, Alert section (right click the avast icon), it should retain some information depending on your logging settings
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security