Author Topic: Technical Support  (Read 1310 times)

REDACTED

Technical Support
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:43:21 PM »
July 28, 2015, I called because I had Malware on my computer.
Your technician whose name was Geordy asked me to load Join Me, my computer was a little slow, so he referred me to PCTech and indicated that they would give me long term support for $180 Cdn.
While he was doing this Join Me did load and I told him that but he continued to refer me to PCTech.
I contacted them and signed up only to discover the support was only for 3 months.
Yesterday I called you on another matter and discovered that you offer the same support for the same price but for one year.
I feel like I have been scammed.
Can you help me?

Thank you

Ron Doney
rrdney@live.ca
516-462-2449

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Technical Support
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 08:45:07 PM »
the phone support is from a third party company

support here in the forum is free .... may we help you?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Technical Support
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 12:15:40 AM »
Please remove any and all personal information from your original post by clicking "modify".
To lodge a complaint against the "third party support" (it isn't owned by avast and has been known to use hard sell tactics)
please contact   Vojta Nekvapil  email:  nekvapil[at]avast[dot]com Include a link to your post.

In the future use the forums our help is free.

Keep in mind we are volunteer helpers and do not work for nor are we paid by avast.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.