Author Topic: PROBLEMS SINCE DOWNLOADING TO 2015 UPDATE  (Read 1484 times)

REDACTED

PROBLEMS SINCE DOWNLOADING TO 2015 UPDATE
« on: August 18, 2015, 09:36:50 PM »
FREE VERSION PLUS UPGRADE TO AV PRO. SINCE UPGRADING I AM ADVISE THAT MY COMPUTER IS AT RISK BECAUSE NOT ALL SHIELDS ARE ACTIVE. GO TO PROG. AND CHECK AND FIND THAT ALL SHIELDS ARE ACTIVE - WHY ??? ALSO AS WITH OTHER COMMENTS COMPUTER HAS STARTED FREEZING - AGAIN WHY????  NOT HAPPY

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: PROBLEMS SINCE DOWNLOADING TO 2015 UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »
No need to use caps...

You need to perform a clean install:

Note: It's important you used the stub online installer from the one I linked.. NOT the offline one.

Note: You need to be ONLINE during this install (online installer works in all cases whereas offline sometimes doesn't)

1.Download your version of avast! and the avastclear tool:

Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Pro Antivirus
Avast Internet Security
Avast Premier

Download Avast Clear Tool

2. Uninstall Avast by control panel  [If you don't have Avast in control Panel go to #3]
3. Uninstall in safe mode using Avastclear. [Running Avastclear is normal mode will give a prompt to go into Safe Mode]
Check : Once uninstalled check in device manager>view>show hidden devices if there is anything related to avast with a yellow triangle.. if so, uninstall it and reboot.
5. Install the version you downloaded.
6. Reboot.

Free: If you have the Free version, register the product for free for a year from the avast! UI.
Paid: If you have a paid license, insert the license key/activation code after the reboot at stage 6.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. It's better to ask than make a mistake and start over again with the process.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •