Author Topic: JS:ClassLoader-9 help please  (Read 5668 times)

iamnotajedi

JS:ClassLoader-9 help please
« on: November 25, 2005, 06:50:28 PM »
Hi ya,
I'm new to this board, I was just doing a weekly scan and Avast has detected JS:ClassLoader-9 on my system, I did a search on the net and couldn't find anything about it so any info would be nice.
I picked it up this week when surfing the net and deleted it then or so I thought : (
I followed Avasts's advice during the scan and moved everything to the chest, I'm hoping this is the last I'll hear from this little nasty, I must admit I'm a little surprised that it made it onto the system as I've been using Avast for a long time now with only one problem about 6 months ago which Avast dealt with but got killed itself in the process.
As far as I'm aware everything is up to date on this PC and I also run Zone Alarm as a fire wall, I'm still scanning now and will be for awhile.
Any help or info would be much appreciated.
Regards iamnotajedi

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: JS:ClassLoader-9 help please
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 07:35:40 PM »
What would help is the location and file name of the infected file.
  example (C:\windows\system32\infected-filename.xxx)?
What is your OS?
Do you have JAVA installed?

If it is in the chest then you should be fine. However, as you say how did it get on to your system. The location may help give an indication of how or rather what program may been exploited.

A forum search for JS:ClassLoader (without the -9) returns many hits for different JS:ClassLoader infections, although not the exact one they may well give indications to pinpoint why this infection of the JS:ClassLoader family got in.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

iamnotajedi

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 08:04:35 PM »
Hi ya David,
Thanks for your help, even though I've had a P.C for awhile...I'm very much a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing.
My o/s is XP home edition version 2002 and service pack 2 and currently it is all up to date.
I just had a look and I've actually got 2 Java's installed they are
Java 2 runtime enviroment S.E V1.4.2 and S.E V1.4.2.03 I'm not sure how that happened maybe something to do with the kids or more likely me.
I never wrote down the locale of where the virus was and I'm still scanning now...
I don't know a way to get the info while I'm scanning but as soon as I finish I'll post it up.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 10:27:53 PM »
I don't have JAVA on my system at all (I personally don't need it), but I believe that there is a later version of Sun's JAVA 1.5 or something like that so I should pay a visit to check for the latest version which I believe closed some vulnerabilities.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

iamnotajedi

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 02:45:48 AM »
Okay back again : )
After I finished my first scan, I rescanned my programmes folder and the virus was in the alwil folder...under data moved...I haven't a clue how it got there as I thought I put it in the chest so I put it in the chest again and did a boot scan....showing as clean now : )
I've done my restore points Ty for the guidance I found elsewhere in the forum, I will update Java in a bit or maybe tommorrow now.
I'm still not much wiser about how this happened but as in common with another poster I forget their name I updated Zone alarm this week while still connected to the net and for awhile my I believe it's called privacy adviser had a bit of a hissy fit going on so maybe it's something to do with that or not
David a huge Thanks for your time and help and also for the other posters on here who I've learned a fair amount from.
Regards Iamnotajedi aka Mark.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 03:07:10 AM »
I rescanned my programmes folder and the virus was in the alwil folder...under data moved...I haven't a clue how it got there as I thought I put it in the chest so I put it in the chest again and did a boot scan....showing as clean now : )
Glad you won... Anyway, the infected file could only be there is you set so, probably chosing the wrong option (move and not move to Chest).
Privacy options of ZA could mess avast! installation not because it's incompatible but, rather, believe us, ZA has a buggy driver right now. If you can work without the privacy options, better and, by now, safer.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 03:43:19 PM »
Files that are infected and found can be either moved (in which case thy end up in the moved folder),moved to the chest, deleted or repaired, depending on the type of infected file, etc. The boot-time scan if it finds a virus that would get sent to the moved folder as prior to windows running the chest function isn't available.

So you could have chosen to move it, rather than move it to the chest or it could have been found during a boot-time scan. Clear as mud really ;D

iamnotajedi

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 04:33:30 PM »
LOL yep all as clear as mud to me, Just very glad to be clean again.
Cheers lads.

Spiritsongs

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 07:09:31 PM »
 :) The recommendations by many Experts is to have ONLY
     the latest version from Java on one's computer AND to
     remove/uninstall ALL its other versions .

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 07:23:56 PM »
:) The recommendations by many Experts is to have ONLY
     the latest version from Java on one's computer AND to
     remove/uninstall ALL its other versions .
As far I could notice, the new installations do not remove the old ones.
You must uninstall them through Control Panel, better if you do before installing the new one.
The best things in life are free.