Author Topic: Explanation and solution to this message Please  (Read 2385 times)

pinfall

Explanation and solution to this message Please
« on: November 27, 2005, 04:33:44 PM »
Having installed avast home 4.6 home edition recently every thing seemed to be running ok.
Over a period of about a week it auto updated.
Then after the last update I get the following message popping up on my screen.

Avast!:Connection Timeout
             Internet connection timeout elapsed. Continue Waiting?
                     (javaw.exe -> tsysmx1. t-systems.co.za:25)

This message seems appears for no apparent reason and with no noticeable frequency, sometimes it will appear for example after an hour or so and then not appear for the rest of the session. On other occasions it will continually reappear and if I leave the PC on and unattended for a while there might be upto 5 or 6 occurences of this message showing on the screen.
Anybody help me out on this problem and is it something I should be concerned about?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Explanation and solution to this message Please
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 04:52:50 PM »
It would appear that you are using Azureus P2P and it is using non standard means of communication, e.g. using an email port (25) to connect to the internet rather than send email. avast's email scanner monitors the email ports and intercepts and scan content, because that content isn't recognised as an email protocol the connection timeout often occurs.

A search for 'javaw.exe Azureus' without the quotes will no doubt reflect this.

Check out this post and also read the rest of the thread http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=17163.msg146069#msg146069
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security