Author Topic: An attempt has been made to enter a protected area of Avast  (Read 4526 times)

REDACTED

An attempt has been made to enter a protected area of Avast
« on: October 08, 2015, 03:18:32 PM »
All my users are experiencing this error.  It is requesting the administrator password (which i cannot give them).  If they cancel the message, it just reappears shortly thereafter.  I have currently disabled the password through the console and it is trickling down to the desktops...but i cannot leave it like this.  I work in a K-12 school and the users love to turn off the AV.  Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution!

REDACTED

Re: An attempt has been made to enter a protected area of Avast
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:24:50 PM »
Hi Pat!

We face the same issue. We are a private business and have 100 salespeople upset that they cannot access the ERP while with a customer on a phone call because of the continuous pop-up password request. I understand your pain.

What we did was to temporarily turn off the password protection for the interface access and only keep password protected the program settings. This at least allows them to minimize and does not block all other windows.

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 03:31:39 PM »
Hi Guys,

You can turn on silent/gaming mode and this should stop all the pop ups. We do apologize for the issues but hope to have everything back up shortly.

Thanks!

Jeff

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:03:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply!  Just an FYI, i had silent/gaming mode enabled already.  Removing the password seemed to stop the popups though.
Pat