Author Topic: Old User Cleanup  (Read 2946 times)

REDACTED

Old User Cleanup
« on: October 16, 2015, 01:54:55 AM »
In the cloud console, if a user's computer dies, or is e-wasted, will their account fall out of the console after XX number of days?  In the AEA console, they'll fall out if they haven't been communicated with for a set amount of time.

REDACTED

Re: Old User Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 06:02:02 PM »
I'd like to get an answer on this - it's important for those of us with large numbers of users (100+).

Offline Arch2

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 04:00:43 PM »
The devices will not be automatically removed from the portal. You will have to manually remove it using the portal. Thanks for choosing Avast for Business.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 02:07:12 AM »
Thanks - may I add that as a feature request?  Having so many users, I can easily see old computer staying on the system and costing $$/month even though they've not communicated for months.  Perhaps a setting that says "Automatically remove PCs that have no communicated for ___ days".  It then performs a Delete operation on those PCs.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 04:46:17 PM »
My next problem is that I can't seem to delete them. Since the machines no longer exist, when I choose delete, I think the console is waiting to hear from the PCs and has been sitting in "Device is now being deleted". How can I purge those devices, since the PCs are formatted and gone?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 11:24:30 PM »
Hi Jim!

We have been through the same. Once you "delete" a device that is no longer online, the machine goes in "Uninstall Pending" status. Use the drop down for filtering by device status and select "Uninstall pending" so you see all those ghost devices. Use the Delete icon for each device once again and the machine will be permanently removed from the portal. At least this is how it works for the non-Premium version.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:37:13 PM by V 2 »