Author Topic: Maya 2016 and Avast  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Chuck@Rosette

Maya 2016 and Avast
« on: November 14, 2015, 02:58:08 AM »
This is an issue, and a very annoying one. 

First, I don't understand why Avast blocks Maya but not the other Autodesk products. 

Second, when it does block it, I go into exclusions and add it so that it will run, but then every time I reboot, it clears the exclusions....  This is the really annoying part. 

When I want to use Maya and I've already added it to the exclusions multiple times, it makes me wonder if Avast is still the best choice.  Normally, I would think, eh, they will work it out, but as far as I can tell, this has been an issue with Maya for a very (years) long time and Avast has yet to address the issue.  Plus, Maya is not the only very legitimate software Avast does this to, I've had to multiple times turn Avast off to get things to install or run, it's obnoxious, even McCrappie does this correctly.  I mean seriously Avast, if they can do it, you should be able to do it.

Fix your software, this isn't a new issue.

Please.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Maya 2016 and Avast
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 12:37:15 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: Maya 2016 and Avast
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 12:03:41 AM »
Second, when it does block it, I go into exclusions and add it so that it will run, but then every time I reboot, it clears the exclusions....  This is the really annoying part. 

Are you setting the exclusion in the cloud console or the endpoint?  The cloud setting will ALWAYS overwrite the endpoint setting eventually.