Author Topic: Firefox v43.0 Disables AVAST Online Security  (Read 16391 times)

REDACTED

Re: Firefox v43.0 Disables AVAST Online Security
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »
Hi, i would like to ask some help to my problem as with the Firefox update to version 43.0 not only my Avast Online Security disables but also my Premium Version of EasyPass Password Protected and that is definitely an issue that i want to be solved ASAP.
Any help please?
Thanks

Any one willing to help?

Offline Cluster-Lizard2014

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »
Or you can update Avast to latest version

If you'd read back through the thread you would have seen that updating the AVAST version is an option I want to avoid if at all possible for the very good reason stated.

Just tried the my.avast.com plugin - installed fine but sorry, I don't like it.

I assume the WebRep feature is meant to work in a similar colour code way to the previous icon but if so there is a problem. It works to bring up the obnoxiously large side bar etc but the icon itself, initially green/blue, now only appears grey on my toolbar whatever web site I go to including my home page which I know for sure the previous icon rated as 3-green bars.

I tried restarting Firefox twice and the colour remained stubbornly grey.

Also I really don't care to know how many things AOS is blocking so the ever changing number attached to the icon is just an unwanted visual annoyance for me.

Good thing I checked the default settings for this new AOS too because some of those I was not  happy about having enabled either.

When I checked my cookies (CCleaner) after installing it I found there were several new ones in there I didn't recognise at all. I'm fairly regular with my browsing habits and as I use CCleaner on a daily basis I can often recognise when new stuff turns up. It is usually a tracking cookie of one sort or another which, I thought, the new AOS is supposed to help deal with.

But then it occurred to me they might even be connected with the AOS default option already deciding to "share" my browsing data with unspecified third parties. 

Whatever the case - that was it for me.  Uninstalled the new thing and reinstalled the unobtrusive unsigned one.

I'm resigned to the likelihood that AVAST and/or Mozzila are going to force me to mess up my clean, customised  browser GUI at some point down the line but I'm going to scream against the wind and put that off for as long as possible.

Offline Tangy

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 05:13:21 PM »
Hi, i would like to ask some help to my problem as with the Firefox update to version 43.0 not only my Avast Online Security disables but also my Premium Version of EasyPass Password Protected and that is definitely an issue that i want to be solved ASAP.
Any help please?
Thanks

Any one willing to help?

What version of avast are you using ?
What is your OS ?

I would also suggest that you started your own thread stating your problem including the info. above.
You may also try to repair avast.
 Control Panel > Programs and Features ( add/remove for winxp ) > Avast Antivirus - Change. select Repair> OK > reboot.
OS:Win xpsp3 pro, CPU:2.8 GHz, Ram:4 Gb HD:500 Gb,Avastfree18.8.22356,OSArmor,Basilisk+NewMoon(Roytam1),ublockorigin,Adguard, SystemExplorer, MCShield, MBAM on demand, FW:PC Tools Plus ,WinPat,Decentraleyes,privacy badger,minerblock.
OS : Windows 7 pro 64bits Avast free Malwarebytes antiexploit

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 05:40:22 PM »
Hello,

what version of firefox 32 or 64 bit ?

on 32 bit AOS is ok without any special setting

on 64 bit all plugins disappears except flash player

aos is not compatible 64 bit
vlc,adobe,skype,google earth also are not activated ( for vlc plugin included in 64 bit version also does not run)

so before use 64 bit firefox wait wait .....wait for 64 bits  plugins

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 07:07:50 PM »
Hi petitlou61

I have reported the same problem on another thread (https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=180521.0) as I hadn't noticed this one at the time.  In my case my system is 32 bit and all software 32 bit yet I cannot get AOS to work with Firefox v43.0 despite what you have said.  Originally I thought that a Firefox crash, when it was updating, caused the AOS problem for me but since I have uninstalled Firefox completely and then installed it anew, the AOS problem continues so the crash appears just coincidental.

I have tried the various relevant suggestions in this and theother thread but to no avail.

For the time being, as I stated in the other thread mentioned above, I have unticked Avast 'Browser Protection'.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 11:58:09 AM »
hello,

after install of firefox AOS is disabled have you (in extension panel) activated AOS

have a good day

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 12:54:40 PM »
I had the same problem with my Firefox when it had updated itself. What I did was simply delete AOS from my addons and then restarting Firefox. It came back all by itself working perfectly ???

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 06:36:53 PM »
after install of firefox AOS is disabled have you (in extension panel) activated AOS
Hi petitlou61,
Whatever I have tried, Firefox shows AOS as enabled in the extension panel after I retick 'Browser Protection' after unticking it to remove AOS temporarily from Firefox.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 08:24:18 PM »
As workaround you can use Firefox ESR.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »
Hi Asyn,
That's an interesting proposition which I will consider but as I understand it, the ESR version will eventually update to the equivalent standard Firefox next March (Firefox v45 I believe).  As I now have Web of Trust (WOT) which gives similar but not identical protection, I may well stick with what I've got to avoid additional hassle.  However, thanks for your suggestion which may well suit other visitors to this thread.
Regards.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 04:06:10 PM »
I have a similar problem

I have Avast Free v.11.1.2245 and Firefox 43.0.1 and Windows v8.1

In the administrator user of my PC, i think it's all ok with Avast Online Security ( v.10.3.3.13) and Firefox
Idem in a "normal" user that i sometimes use for particular things

But in the "normal" user i use everyday instead i see Avast Online Security v10.1.0.170. Why? Firefox have disabled it in this user!  :-\ How i can resolve the problem?

Thanks!
Marco

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 05:38:14 PM »
Hi Asyn,
1. That's an interesting proposition which I will consider but as I understand it, the ESR version will eventually update to the equivalent standard Firefox next March (Firefox v45 I believe).
2. However, thanks for your suggestion which may well suit other visitors to this thread.
1. Sure, FF ESR will update sooner or later... ;)
2. You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 02:45:11 PM »
I saw the Eddy's response, but I wish that all users have the latest version of Avast Online Security, which is correctly recognized by Firefox 43.
How can I do to have it updated for the user left with the old v10.1.0.170?

Thanks! Marco

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2015, 06:24:45 PM »
I saw the Eddy's response, but I wish that all users have the latest version of Avast Online Security, which is correctly recognized by Firefox 43.
How can I do to have it updated for the user left with the old v10.1.0.170?

Thanks! Marco
Update to the latest version of Avast:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=179855.0
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet