Author Topic: Devices in Danger  (Read 3614 times)

REDACTED

Devices in Danger
« on: November 11, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »
This morning the console is showing tens of users as "Device in Danger".  However, when I go into those devices, I can't see what's wrong with them.  They're communicating, they have the latest definitions, their virus chests are clean.  Why are they in danger?

REDACTED

Re: Devices in Danger
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 06:41:23 AM »
Hi Jim

Unless the problem has cleared itself already (could be just a temporary funky cloud issue), could you provide product version, signature version etc of a couple of devices? 

I often find the cloud to be buggy and shows odd behavior which goes away the next day...

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 11:45:10 PM »
Feature Request:  What I would like to see is an amber warning for when the software is out of date.  Currently all the PCs go into red "device in danger" when the software is 21 days old.  This is nuts.  3 weeks to test manual deployments (and sorry to say, to allow Avast to correct buggy builds) is too short for some people.  The device is not actually in danger, it is still being fully protected, but you can't see clearly devices that are really at risk. 

Ideas:
  • Change to 3 months, not 3 weeks
  • or get rid of program age completely; be version number based, or a combination of old version + grace period age
  • Set device in danger when it is 2 versions old, and a warning at 1 version old
  • Just Use an amber warning instead of a red alert

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 03:23:10 PM »
Ryan,

this forum is for the avast cloud version, not for Android.
If you want help, please post in the correct forum.