Author Topic: Anti Thieft commands only when stolen phone is online  (Read 1668 times)

REDACTED

Anti Thieft commands only when stolen phone is online
« on: December 26, 2015, 01:10:52 PM »
So someone stolen my phome. Till now I havent got any message to the numbers I have as trusted which means that propably the guy doesnt have any credit to his phone to allow avast to text me.

In my case I faced 2 serious problems which make this software need improvement.

First of all if the stolen device is not connected to internet, you cant send any command (you can but thats the second problem). We could ask avast to schedule the command when the phone connects to internet but there is no such option. So to send the command wipe I need him to be online that moment.

The second major problem is that I cant retrieve his mobile number or sim unique number if he dont have credits to allow send SMS action. That leads to the first problem were I cant send SMS command either without knowing his mobile number. Avast could mail me his phone number or sim card number but thats impossible now.

Those missing features make anti-theft unable to help me.

Thats my feedback from my case. I think you can get useful information from that and improve your software. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:56:59 PM by verde »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Anti Thieft commands only when stolen phone is online
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 04:05:29 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0