Author Topic: v5.0.11-app lock, call/sms blocking sliders inactive; app permissions-can't tap  (Read 1824 times)

REDACTED

Hi,
I had an update from Google Play for the first time for my Avast Mobile Security premium.
The sliders to activate app locking, for call/sms blocking are not sliding to ON position.
Also, when I tap "app permissions" yellow icon from main menu, I see the list of apps but cannot do anything with them; tapping an app does nothing; no errors neither.

I have given Avast Mobile security phone admin rights and app usage rights. I also uninstalled Avast MS and re-installed it - same issue.

I saw several posts about these issues but nothing new and no solutions.

I have Android 5.1.0, LG G4 smartphone.

Please advise.

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Hi Can13,

about the sliders in App locking and Call filter - by any chance, do you use some kind of "overlay" app, like CF.Lumen, F.lux etc.? Because the sliders are tap-jacking protected and won't work while there's some overlay over them.

Ondra

REDACTED

Yes, I use Lux for my screen brightness control.
But I have used Lux and Avast together successfully until you came out with version 5. version 4 or older worked fine for years.

FYI - I also use Nova launcher and Smart Booster.

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
That's because now we're more strict with this. I'm a bit torn about compromising the security in favor of better usability, but we'll think about what we can do with it.

Ondra