Author Topic: I don't want to Update to last Version  (Read 2155 times)

REDACTED

I don't want to Update to last Version
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:26:23 AM »
I don't like the last version of avast free, but every time I reinstall to an old version, a few minutes later it automatically uptate to the last version and ask for reboot, even if I choose to update manually. >:(
Don't know what do I need to do to cancel the program Version Update.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: I don't want to Update to last Version
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 12:51:39 AM »
Why don't you want to update ?

Offline Tangy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »
In order to run [and keep] that old build:
a -  reset the PC's calendar to believe it was running X months earlier, when that build was still "current".
b -  disconnect your PC from the internet, so as to be sure this old build wouldn't immediately search for and download any newer builds.
c -  ran the [old] installer.
d - when the installation is completed,  open the avast interface to make sure that PROGRAM updates are set to MANUAL.
e - finally,  reconnect your PC to the internet, so that avast would find the latest DEFINITION updates.

I hope this helps
Cheers
OS:Win xpsp3 pro, CPU:2.8 GHz, Ram:4 Gb HD:500 Gb,Avastfree18.8.22356,OSArmor,Basilisk+NewMoon(Roytam1),ublockorigin,Adguard, SystemExplorer, MCShield, MBAM on demand, FW:PC Tools Plus ,WinPat,Decentraleyes,privacy badger,minerblock.
OS : Windows 7 pro 64bits Avast free Malwarebytes antiexploit

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 03:57:37 PM »
In order to run [and keep] that old build:
a -  reset the PC's calendar to believe it was running X months earlier, when that build was still "current".
b -  disconnect your PC from the internet, so as to be sure this old build wouldn't immediately search for and download any newer builds.
c -  ran the [old] installer.
d - when the installation is completed,  open the avast interface to make sure that PROGRAM updates are set to MANUAL.
e - finally,  reconnect your PC to the internet, so that avast would find the latest DEFINITION updates.

I hope this helps
Cheers

It would be better if the OP stayed with the latest version and let us know any issues he has.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 06:05:58 PM »
The thing is, I have one partition with WinXP (I use it more) and the last version have issues with XP (constantly asking for reboot, and  active protection shield messed up, can't delete avast desktop icon)
To reinstall the old version i have to use the AvastCleaner everytime. After reinstaling t old version and choosing the manual updates in both, Definitions and Program Version then reboot, it's all ok; but when i click to update only the definitions, it also update the program version. Or it update the program automatically after a few minutes.

I try everything except change Calendar, I'll try that now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:47:52 PM by yomauser »