Author Topic: Siren goes on after Simcard Change, cant access phone via myavast  (Read 2280 times)

REDACTED

Hello Forum Members,

i have a huge problem and I need your help! A friend of mine had a problem with his SimCard and since we have the same phone (HTC One M8), he asked me if I could try his card in my phone. Thats what we did.....well....the Anti Theft Siren sounded and it said "This phone has been lost or stolen". So I put the phone out and put my Sim Card back in it. The same again: siren and voice.....This is strange, since my Simcard is marked as trusted card. So....I went online and logged in to my Avast Account.....my phone is listed there, as well as my trusted Sim Card. But...when I try to contact my phone via my Avast Account...it doesn't work. It says, it can't connect to my phone. When I change the settings, it is not accepted. When I try to mark my phone as found, or try to close the siren....whatever....it doesn't work. I can't even change my PIN.....next problem, I can't remember the pin, but i can't change it neither......

When I start my phone, the siren goes and the phone is locked....i try to send the SMS with the pin to the other chosen number-but nothing happens.....no SMS is received.

So.....I'm very angry, I need to use my phone very urgent.....any suggestions would be appreciated........
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:30:51 PM by alexanderkaestner »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: Siren goes on after Simcard Change, cant access phone via myavast
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 02:39:24 PM »
Ok, thanks for the reply....but as I Said before...it doesn't work. I use Point 2....because I can't use my phone, as I said before.....when I try to change the PIN via the browser.....it says, it saved the changes, but then it goes back to the 5 black points as before.....and it doesn't connect to my phone-so it can't trasnmit the new PIN to my phone....

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 02:51:53 PM »
Thank you for your help....I worked it out.....the problem was, my PIN has 4 Digits-but it showed five *. So I thought, it didnt take the changes....but it did!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 02:54:35 PM »
You're welcome.