Author Topic: 'SIM card change was detected'  (Read 5033 times)

REDACTED

'SIM card change was detected'
« on: March 02, 2016, 11:39:49 PM »
A friend receives these two texts messages whenever I turn my phone on:

'avast! Anti-Theft (www.avast.com): A SIM card change was detected on Harry's mobile phone. The current phone number of the phone is the sender number of this SMS. Details will follow once location tracking is done.

And this ...

avast! Anti-Theft (www.avast.com) SIM change. Map (https:/...) (NETWORK) Accuracy (32m) Owner (Harry) Network (Vodafone AU) Signal (3/7) Cell ID (7215373) Country (Australia) Area Code (20295) New IMSI (nnnn) IMEI (nnnn)'

Can anyone clarify what is going on? Should I be concerned? Can I stop it?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: 'SIM card change was detected'
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 07:09:07 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
I am having the same issue and non of the steps on the website telling me how to stop this work.

Its supposed to add the new sim to the trusted list just by entering the pin code when the phone restarts but that doesnt work.  I have tried using the windows app to link to the phone, which it does, it even says the sim is trusted in there but I am still getting sms saying my sim has been changed.

I need this to stop ASAP.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 08:01:58 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 11:08:42 PM »
I purchased a phone in the United States and gave it to my mother to use it in Hungary. She put her own Sim card in it from her other phone. I created an Avast account online for her. I set this new phone as a trusted phone, but still every time she turns on the phone her sister gets the text message about an untrussed phone and change of location which cost EUR 0.15 every time for my mother . I deleted her phone from the account . Now there is no phone on that account at all . But her sister still gets the text messages for EUR 0.15 each . I called customer service here . But the representative told me he won't talk to me only to my mother . I told him,  she doesn't speak English and the representative doesn't speak Hungarian, I created the account and the device is mine, I just gave it to my mother to use it, but he didn't care. He was extremely rude, he even raised his voice at me . I have never experienced such a rude, horrible customer service . I don't know what else to do. When I created this account it didn't say that It won't support device in other countries .  I deleted my mothers device from the account, but it still didn't help . And there is no help from overseas or here in the U.S. I have another account with 4 more devices on it , but I will delete my account because of the horrible customer service .

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 06:56:20 AM »