Author Topic: Avast is causing my email Client to double send email!  (Read 2422 times)

REDACTED

Avast is causing my email Client to double send email!
« on: March 11, 2016, 07:39:17 AM »
I have the latest version of Avast Internet Security 2016 installed, I have Windows 10, 64-bit, and I am using an email client called emClient.  Something is happening between my email client emClient and Avast 2016 whereby when Avast is enabled I will send an email out from the email client and when I send the email, the email gets duplicate in other words sent twice.

The difference between the doubled email message is that at the end of the second sent email there is an Avast notification which displays the following there is: 'An Orange Avast Checkmark Logo' followed by this: This email is safe. www.avast.com

The first email for whatever reason does not get scanned by Avast, nor does the Avast message get added to the end of the email.

The minute I disable Avast Shields Control by right mouse clicking the toolbar icon on the right side of the Windows 10 taskbar icons.  I can send an emails without a double send problem. of course then the email is not scanned by Avast, but the email is clearly sent only once.  So it is clearly some dynamic between Avast and emClient.

The minute I turn the Avast Mail Shield on once again I start with the double sends once again.

Anybody have a clue as to what might be happening here.

The only other difference to note is that I am not sending the email out via the primary email address for FastMail.com, I am sending email via an alias and both emails which are sent out via the created alias. 

So I am baffled as to what might be happening!

Thanks, Brad

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:40:58 AM by bpjw64 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast is causing my email Client to double send email!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 08:27:31 AM »
what happens if you turn off avast mail signature?  http://www.getavast.net/support/remove-e-mail-signature