Author Topic: Pay Zone  (Read 7668 times)

REDACTED

Pay Zone
« on: March 29, 2016, 05:07:39 PM »
Pay Zone is not recognising automatically, or manually, the UK National Lottery's page, 'Add Funds': https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/my-account/add-funds/enter-amount.

Will you please correct this, thank you.

(Using an up to date Vista 32-bit, with "Version: 1.48.2066.44 - Restart Avast SafeZone to update to version 1.48.2066.95  Relaunch Now", that will apparently not update. see, Re: 1.48.2066.95 update problem: Reply #9 and #10)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:15:09 PM by edgbaston »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Pay Zone
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 09:57:03 PM »
The Pay Mode is meant for banking sites, not lottery sites.

Offline dave145

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:05:34 AM »
Passwords does not work in pay mode. Surely this is the one place where password security is important.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 02:30:06 PM »
The Pay Mode is meant for banking sites, not lottery sites.

Sorry, i must have misunderstood. i thought 'Pay Zone' was as the name implies, a place for making payments. A safe place to make payments. Yes, and a place where i can safely bank. But not just bank.

This is why i hate 'Forums' as a way of bringing issues to the attention of the developers: You don't know at the end of the day if they even see the issue. But you can guarantee that someone, well meaning as they maybe, will shoot you down.

If Pay Zone isn't everything its name implies, the only reason to want to install SZ, then why did i bother to install it? Oh yeh, i didn't install it. That was The Avast pirates.

If your right, There's no point to this SZ browser. i can only hope that wiser heads at Avast do indeed see the Forum. That's why they rolled it out to us Free users right, so we would highlight failings? And for me this is a failing.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 06:16:57 PM »
You could have checked the FAQ.
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB209#idt_160

i had.

To quote: "SafeZone browser automatically opens banking and shopping sites in Pay mode."

I purchase a Lottery ticket. That's what you do when you shop.

Please Avast Team correct this failing.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 06:19:55 PM »
It is not failing.
It is not a banking site nor a shopping site.

Besides, you can open pay mode yourself and than visit the site.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 06:54:06 PM »
It is not failing.
It is not a banking site nor a shopping site.

Besides, you can open pay mode yourself and than visit the site.

i know you read my opening message. But let me refresh your memory:

Pay Zone is not recognising automatically, or manually, the UK National Lottery's page, 'Add Funds': https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/my-account/add-funds/enter-amount.

And sorry, but your narrow view of what is a shopping site is unhelpful at best.

Any site where i wish to conduct a financial transaction, give my credit/debit card details, should fall in the Pay Zone remit. Otherwise it's not fit for purpose.

Will anyone from Avast read this thread and comment?

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 04:22:28 PM »
Hi,

yes we read ;)

We are working on several changes which will offer you exactly the behavior you are expecting.

Right now I recommend to enable Pay mode manually using "card" button before you access the website.

Offline cruiser25

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 09:44:50 PM »
After the latest update to avast antivirus pro 2260 the safe zone browser no longer recognises my bank´s site and won´t open automaticly in pay mode. And when I use standard chrome browser I don´t get the recomendation to switch to safe zone browser when I visit the sites that i got this recomandations before. In the version before this update there was not this problem. I did a repair of the Avast pro antivirus but the problem is still there. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:46:55 PM by cruiser25 »

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 11:43:38 AM »
After the latest update to avast antivirus pro 2260 the safe zone browser no longer recognises my bank´s site and won´t open automaticly in pay mode. And when I use standard chrome browser I don´t get the recomendation to switch to safe zone browser when I visit the sites that i got this recomandations before. In the version before this update there was not this problem. I did a repair of the Avast pro antivirus but the problem is still there. Any suggestions?

It works for me. What bank site you visit?

What OS you have? Did you restarted PC after update?

Thanks

Offline cruiser25

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 09:34:24 PM »
I´m using windows 7 home premium sp1. There were no problem before the update to the 2260 version today a new update to 2261 but the same problem persists and yes I restarted the computer both times. And what the new update today was about I have no clue. My bank is a wellknown Swedish bank SEB. And the same problem is on other sites I use in pay mode where there wasn´t any problems before ,as well as the no warning to switch to safe zone browser when using the standard chrome browser. Of course I can turn on the pay mode manually but that´s not what it says that I have to do. And even if it works for you it doesn´t help me. After the update I got the message with the green arrow that the update was succesfull but apparently something failed. I did a repair but it´s still the same.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:37:37 PM by cruiser25 »

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 10:59:54 AM »
Please go to URL: servis24.cz

Does it switch automatically to Pay mode?

If not, please send me szb.log into direct message. Thanks