Author Topic: Constant BSOD after latest upgrade.  (Read 1424 times)

REDACTED

Constant BSOD after latest upgrade.
« on: April 10, 2016, 07:49:31 PM »
Hello all,

As the subject says, after updating AIS to the latest version (11.2.2732.0) from the previous version, on reboot just as you begin to see the Avast icon spin in the systry (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit fully updated) the comuter BSOD with error massage: "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE".

Rebooted several time until I was presented with the option to enter safe mode.  While in safe mode I uninstalled AIS with AvastClear and rebooted.

Booted fine so I downloaded the latest AIS (11.2.2732.0) from here and installed it again (custom install with the following excluded: SecureDNS, Remote Assistant, Secureline, Clean Up, Rescure and Password) and rebooted.

Again when the Avast icon started to spin the system would BSOD with the same error.

Rebooted several time until I was presented with the option to enter safe mode.  While in safe mode I removed the network security feature from AIS as I had problems with this several versions ago. 

Rebooted and again at the same approximate time I was presented with the same BSOD.

Rebooted several time until I was presented with the option to enter safe mode.  While in safe mode I uninstalled AIS with AvastClear and rebooted and no BSOD.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Andrew

REDACTED

Re: Constant BSOD after latest upgrade.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 08:26:52 PM »
Thank you Eddy

Do you think Avast will reset the following to "0": "REG_DWORD value "Dont" to value "1"  in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\aswVmm\Parameters" key" with the coming update?

Kind Regards,

Andrew
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:33:48 PM by worf105 »