Author Topic: Avast Pro / Passwords keeps freezing / hanging!  (Read 1843 times)

Offline pennybob

Avast Pro / Passwords keeps freezing / hanging!
« on: April 21, 2016, 12:02:51 AM »
I used Avast Free Anti-virus for a few years, liked it and purchased the Pro version last year. Recently I tried out Avast Passwords (within Avast Pro). It seemed like a good program and just what I was looking for.

I set a strong main password as instructed. However I keep getting asked to enter this password and it is fast becoming a nuisance.
I thought if I paid for the 'upgrade' this would stop. So I bought Avast Passwords (premium?) about 10 days ago.

Since then, I have been trying to learn how to use AP but still keep getting prompted to fill in my main password! When I try to change the settings eg."How often should Avast ask you for your main password?" the program goes grey ie. nothing is click-able - and hangs! 'End task' does not close it so I have to shut down and restart the pc!

Of course, this means that Passwords' settings remain the same - main password request nag, far too frequently for my liking. I would be as well manually completing all my web logins! (Maybe that's the answer. Look at the money, effort and time I am wasting trying to find a quicker way to complete an everyday task that takes only a few minutes! The irony.  ::)  sigh) 

I know I have not set it up properly yet. Hell, I'm trying to. But I'm actually wary about clicking or changing any of the Passwords settings in case it freezes again. It's a total pain.

Programs like these are supposed to make our pc activities a bit easier and safer, not create stress and unsurity!
I should be feeling more at ease having chosen software from a reputable company like Avast. That's why I paid. But with glitches (or whatever) like this I am worried that I have made a bad decision, especially where security is involved. It's bugging me to the point that I am considering removing the program/s, paid or not.

Sooo, before I completely lose faith in my once trusty and faithful Avast and kiss my hard-earned dosh goodbye, can these issues be resolved? I want to believe..
Thanks for reading.

(btw: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 32bit)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Pro / Passwords keeps freezing / hanging!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 07:48:00 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0