Author Topic: No possible submission of changes in my.avast.com  (Read 3507 times)

REDACTED

No possible submission of changes in my.avast.com
« on: April 30, 2016, 05:06:44 PM »
Hello

I just tried to change settings im my.avast.com, because I lost my tablet-PC.

After my login in my.avast.com on my windows 10 computer, I tried to change some settings to locate my tablet.

In the moment, which I submit this information, I received a message  "Das Formular kann nicht gespeichert werden da es fehlerhaft ist" (I used the german language presettings) which could be translated with "The form can not be saved because it is faulty"

I suggested, that perhaps I had to use an other browser. But after using firefox 46.0, chrome, microsoft edge the problem couldn't be solved.

What could I do to submit the wished track-settings to locate my tablet?

Thank you all for your fast help answered in english or german language.

Peter

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:08:09 PM by palfes »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: No possible submission of changes in my.avast.com
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 06:24:49 PM »
This certainly isn't an area I'm familiar with, but have you got the avast Anti-Theft module/app installed and is that device present in your my.avast.account ?

As I believe it is there where you can send commands to your lost tablet. I don't know how such commands could be sent to a tablet if it doesn't have a connection (phone) as such.

I suggest a look at the anti-theft forum https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=38.0 to see if there are any similar topics.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:32:50 AM »
Hello David,
thank you for your fast answer. I add additional information in your answertext:

This certainly isn't an area I'm familiar with, but have you got the avast Anti-Theft module/app installed and is that device present in your my.avast.account ? Yes, in my.avast.account my tablet is shown with an installed anti-theft module.

As I believe it is there where you can send commands to your lost tablet. I don't know how such commands could be sent to a tablet if it doesn't have a connection (phone) as such.

My expectation would be, that such commands will be stored in my.avast.com and in the moment if my tablet will connect with the internet it should received and worked with the stored commands.

I suggest a look at the anti-theft forum https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=38.0 to see if there are any similar topics.
[/quote]

I looked as this forum as suggested, but I did'nt find information regarding this faultmessage or a similar question

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 04:06:04 PM »
I don't believe the messages are stored in the my.avast.com account.

I think that the messages are SMS commands and that would require a phone connection - that may be your biggest hurdle.

I did a quick search in that forum and found a link to an FAQ page https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB116#artTitle.  Once on that page there is a search function for other FAQ articles.

If that doesn't return anything further I suggest posting in that anti-theft forum, where you are more likely to find help of people using the anti-theft app.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline tomas.tunkl

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »
Hi,

actually the commands are delivered using google messaging. This is available only if device is connected to the internet at the time the command is sent. If the device can receive SMS, you can use for example different phone with AT installed to send SMS commands to the device.

Tom

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.