Author Topic: Needs whitelist ability  (Read 4699 times)

REDACTED

Needs whitelist ability
« on: May 04, 2016, 03:26:28 PM »
I noticed while using safeclean that it likes to nuke storage directories. It marks them as residual files and unless you are set to review actions prior to cleaning it will remove entire branches.

I have had it wipe directories I made as well as storage directories set by MEGA (MEGA.CO.NZ) file service. Forcing a redownload or at the extreme rebuild/create of work files it deemed as residual. This is one area this program suffers compared to its competitors.

Adding a whitelist ability so that you can tell it to ignore specific directories would be an amazing improvement.

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
Re: Needs whitelist ability
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 02:10:26 PM »
Hi Michael,
Safe Clean deletes directories that apps have left behind. It should not delete any folder created manually by user unless they have exactly the same name. Let us know what was the full path of your deleted folder.
We will check directories created by Mega app and update our app database to enable Safe Clean to work correctly with it.
Have you tried to turn on Safe Clean Check yet? Maybe it can provide you with the customization you need. Let us know please.