Author Topic: Controlling Avast screensaver settings from AEA custom ini settings?  (Read 3764 times)

DelBert

I've set via group policy that all PCs use the Avast screensaver. I've also used the settings available within AEA to automate and control centrally as much of Avast as possible. The only tidying up issue I'm left with is trying to make sure that any suspect files found by the screen saver are automatically moved to the virus chest. I've tried adding some custom lines in the ini file (based on what changed in mine when I manually set up the screen saver) but it's not having the desired effect...

[{CB6AE6F8-D9A8-4794-B2BF-53A84058C58F}]
PUPAction=trezor
VirusAction=trezor
AutomaticallyApplyActionsDuringScan=1

These settings are within a GUID style setting within the ini file (a number which seems consistent across installations) but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Has anyone else tried this that could give me some pointers?

Thanks,

DelBert

DelBert

Re: Controlling Avast screensaver settings from AEA custom ini settings?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »
Good news! It's working.

I'm not sure if the settings were still working their way through the system (it's painful only being able to add one custom ini setting at a time) but my Eicar test is now being removed.

Hopefully the settings in my original post will be useful to someone.

I wonder if there's a central resource for all these custom ini settings?

Thanks,

DelBert

REDACTED

Re: Controlling Avast screensaver settings from AEA custom ini settings?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 06:21:18 PM »
Hi there,

I am trying to set up the screensaver for our domain in a recent deployment in our environment.  Can you post what you did to get the Avast screensaver setup via GPO?