Author Topic: Free trial fail???  (Read 3560 times)

REDACTED

Free trial fail???
« on: May 06, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »
Yesterday I got a pop up saying that I could try avast premium for free so I clicked on it, did everything it said but now it's telling me i'm not protected and then redirects me to the shop and it's wants money, I only wanted the free trial and now I can't seem to get back to my old free Avast, can anyone help please?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Free trial fail???
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 01:02:22 PM »
Go to Programs and Features where you can click to uninstall Avast, you'll be given the option the revert to free there.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 01:12:30 PM »
Thanks for your reply but I can't find that in Avast

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 01:15:23 PM »
It's not in Avast, you have to uninstall Avast to get the option displayed.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 02:13:04 PM »
Hi tymm,

Sorry about that. Note that if you already installed the trial once and let the 30 days expire, you cannot get a new trial period.

Anyhow, I prepared a trial license for your Avast Premier. I will send it to you by email.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »
Hi tymm,

Sorry about that. Note that if you already installed the trial once and let the 30 days expire, you cannot get a new trial period.

Anyhow, I prepared a trial license for your Avast Premier. I will send it to you by email.
Thanks mate got it now!

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 03:20:36 PM »
Hi tymm,

Thanks mate got it now!

Hi Thanks for your reply!, yes I have already had a free trial a long while back, I thought this was something new and it didn't say anything about if you'd had it before, I thought maybe it would fit my needs now as a lot has changed since i last tried it,Is it still ok if I have the trial again? and how would I go about it? as with the help of "CraigB" I have managed to get back my old free Avast

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 03:22:05 PM »
It's not in Avast, you have to uninstall Avast to get the option displayed.

Thanks mate got it now!!

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 03:32:21 PM »
Hi tymm,

Thanks mate got it now!

Hi Thanks for your reply!, yes I have already had a free trial a long while back, I thought this was something new and it didn't say anything about if you'd had it before, I thought maybe it would fit my needs now as a lot has changed since i last tried it,Is it still ok if I have the trial again? and how would I go about it? as with the help of "CraigB" I have managed to get back my old free Avast

Sure thing! Feel free to insert the license I forwarded to you. If you have Avast installed just double-click in the license file and confirm it in the activation dialog.
Alternatively, you can go to Avast - Settings - Registration - Insert license file.

Cheers!

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 03:58:19 PM »
Hi tymm,

Thanks mate got it now!

Sure thing! Feel free to insert the license I forwarded to you. If you have Avast installed just double-click in the license file and confirm it in the activation dialog.
Alternatively, you can go to Avast - Settings - Registration - Insert license file.

Cheers!

Thank You!!!