Author Topic: Will the possibillity to send 'Binary SMS' be back?  (Read 3141 times)

REDACTED

Will the possibillity to send 'Binary SMS' be back?
« on: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 AM »
Just imagine the situation when you are sitting in an outdoor restaurant and suddenly realize that you mobile has been stolen.
You do not have access to internet, BUT you can borrow you friends mobile to "lock" your mobile via 'Avast Anti-Theft'.

This is how it used to work, but the possibillity to send hidden SMS (binary SMS) seems to have been removed for ever (or?).
I don't dare to send ordinary SMS since the thief then might see the lock code.

I want "binary SMS remote control" back.

REDACTED

Re: Will the possibillity to send 'Binary SMS' be back?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:20:31 PM »
I am actually using 'Avast Mobile Security' 5.2 and the corresponding Anti-Theft module.
The interesting thing is that the Anti-Theft module still have settings to allow 'binary SMS', but there is no way to send such 'binary SMS' (at least I can not find it).

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »
Because they have removed this feature, and MANY others, and they don't want to draw attention to that. Look at my thread for a larger list of their removed features. Terrible behaviour. The current app has less than 30% of the features the original app had, and less than 20% of the features the rooted version had.

Offline Tomas K.

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:22:10 PM »
The new Anti-Theft app (currently in staged rollout) contains remote control via binary SMS.