Author Topic: beryllium virus  (Read 5724 times)

REDACTED

beryllium virus
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:49:53 AM »
while doing a boot up scan Avast identified I was infected with Beryllium. See screen shot attached. I assumed it was deleted since I said yes. I have no idea where to find the file with the results of the scan. I also have no idea of what Beryllium is and/or if i have to worry and make sure its deleted or check that it was. At present the PC is working OK. This all happened when avast detected a threat when a pop up to update flash showed up and did a boot scan. Please help me in understanding what happened and what to do.

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: beryllium virus
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:28:38 AM »
hey and welcome to the avast forum klixtokw.

if you want a checkup on your computer plase go to this guide and attach the logs from mbam,frst+addation for a malware expert to look at.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

did you let avast move the fille to the chest when you have done the bootscan?

the file was located in the temp file acording to your picthure so it could be that you have to clean the temp files, to remove it but im no expert here. provide the logs and we see what the expert say from there.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 08:21:40 AM »
As I said in my post I said yes to what presumably was a permission question so I don't know what it did. Avast asking me what should they do??? A case of the blind leading the blind. I have no idea. I don't even know where to get the file with the results of the scan. Again assuming they produce one. The picture I posted is from a picture of my screen I took with my camera while it was scanning and had reached only 50 %.

I don't see anything with that name on the chest only the "win32:malware-gen" it also found and placed on the chest with no questions asked.

I'm not sure what you mean by "attach the logs from mbam,frst+addation ". If you mean run Malwarebytes Antimalware I do this weekly and they did not find any problems.

Do you have any idea of what this Beryllium infection is? And can it be removed w/o affecting the OS since its in a windows folder???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 08:25:01 AM »
Do you have any idea of what this Beryllium infection is?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Beryllium+malware
I'm not sure what you mean by "attach the logs from mbam,frst+addation "
Read and follow the instructions > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 06:48:17 AM »
Thank you Eddy. I got the Berillium but still confused about the link for the logs because it has instructions for many things. I believe you mean to download Malwarebytes and run to get a log right?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 07:25:37 AM »
Get and run MBam and Farbar.
Install/run them.
Attach the logs to your next post here.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 07:38:04 PM »
Thank you Eddy for the help and clarification of which to use. will do and post.