Author Topic: 2106 days of subscription!!!!!!!!! Untill Year 2022!!!!!!!!!! What is That?????  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Vapor

Well...I decided to give avast another try this year.  I said I wouldn't renew my subscription but with all fairness, it was all good  for the most part except few small issues  so let's see this time around I hope I won't regret it, this will be my 15th year as avast pro user.
Right of the bat, here is a small issue I already submitted a ticket, so hopefully they will correct this first thing Monday and send me a new license, but I'm wondering if anyone have experience similar behavior, in all those years this is the first time I have experienced this weird thing  ???
I got license for 3 PCs- 3 years, each PC should have roughly 1090 days, look at the subscription days on the picture.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:26:45 PM by Vapor »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I think for the majority of helpers on the forums (avast users) they haven't come across this, outside of when it concerns cracked license (which isn't the case here).

Normally the maximum duration of a license is three years which is what you purchased.

You could submit a support ticket on this - https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new.

I will try to attract some attention to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vapor

Thanks for the response.

I did submit the ticket so hopefully whomever is in charge in that department can get to the bottom of it.
Yap... that's what I thought at first that the only way to get that many days of subscription is to use cracked registration... :D
Even if I didn't submit the ticket, wouldn't they eventually figure that out that something is off and made the correction, unless they are disorganized among all those customers   ;)

I will try to attract some attention to this topic.
Great I really appreciate your help.
Thanks

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:46:59 AM by Vapor »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Well there are various checks in place to combat cracked licenses, etc.
As an avast user, I don't know what those are, so I can't say.

I often thought if it could be a simple as checking if the license has more than 3 years to run when licenses are for a max of 3 years at a time.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

Offline Vapor

Are those guys legitimate?

http://contactforhelp.com/avast/

I don't think so,  when I spoke to one of them over the phone this morning he persisted to login to my PC I could let him in no problem and isolate everything on it other than let him into my clean OS but he sounded suspicious, like one of the guys that trying to remove virus out of your PC fiasco, you hear about them all the time, they claimed to be MS support
I got his name and # but it sounds  like nuked fake to me.

He put me on hold and after 2 min.  I got disconnected
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:15:28 PM by Vapor »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
well it is not same phone number as on avast website  >>  https://www.avast.com/total-support

anyway, avast phone support is outsourced to a third party ... and to my knowledge thy dont handle license issues

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:25:53 PM by Pondus »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Offline Vapor

Ya the one you posted above:
Code: [Select]
https://www.avast.com/total-supportI"ve spoke  the other day and he is legit I know, the one today, hmmmm does not sound like it

Offline Vapor

For a moment I was thinking on let him  join my PC screen and record his genius plan I don't have the time to sit and play this  :D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Are those guys legitimate?

http://contactforhelp.com/avast/

I don't think so,  when I spoke to one of them over the phone this morning he persisted to login to my PC I could let him in no problem and isolate everything on it other than let him into my clean OS but he sounded suspicious, like one of the guys that trying to remove virus out of your PC fiasco, you hear about them all the time, they claimed to be MS support
I got his name and # but it sounds  like nuked fake to me.

He put me on hold and after 2 min.  I got disconnected

I rather doubt it there are tons of these scams offering so called support, I have no doubt that this contactforhelp.com site has many more links for other applications (EDIT - see attached image). There is a high likelihood they are not official.

Hell we even get support line spammers posting in this forum (for all sorts of support), the last a few minutes before being deleted and banned.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:35:40 PM by DavidR »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
For a moment I was thinking on let him  join my PC screen and record his genius plan I don't have the time to sit and play this  :D

Never give anyone remote access (for play or genuine reason) unless you are 100% sure of their legitimacy.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Ya the one you posted above:
Code: [Select]
https://www.avast.com/total-supportI"ve spoke  the other day and he is legit I know, the one today, hmmmm does not sound like it
Not legit. This is 3rd party support that is pretty shady. Don't pay a dime to anyone to get this resolved and don't let anyone remotely access your computer. There is no need to.

Offline Vapor

I could disconnect my router and reset my modem and encrypt all my partitions on that machine and afterwards reload my PC from image which I do often, so he wouldn't have access to anything, but playing this would be just waste of time.

Not legit. This is 3rd party support that is pretty shady. Don't pay a dime to anyone to get this resolved and don't let anyone remotely access your computer. There is no need to.

And no, trust me I would not pay for anything, that would be just not smart on my part, but thank you all for good advice, we all, regardless of our computing knowledge can use good advice.
Thank you again

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Now appears to be resolved:
Got response this morning, pretty quick, it's all back as it should be now.
That takes me back to early days of avast, like several yeast back when I remember customer support was great at least from what I remember I guess with growing number of customers delays can be expected.
Until you need a little kelp, people might not realize how important customer service is, I'm happy again  ;)

Thanks to all involved  :)