Author Topic: Password Issue  (Read 1360 times)

REDACTED

Password Issue
« on: June 04, 2016, 02:03:14 PM »
How do you contact customer services?

I've got a problem with my Avast account and login details.

Password works when accessing my Google browser 'Avast' account, but it wont accept my password when trying to access the software within my Windows Vista.

The problem has rendered me unable to use the software. I have just purchased a further 2 years protection only to discover that the warnings given on my desktop were false - "You are not protected" being the status, yet my license expires in November (2016)... Now, I have that cover, and the additional 2 years protection (purchased this morning) and which is valid until 2018.

The main issue being that my password is not recognised anywhere but the browser version of my account - which tells me I'm protected. I can't uninstall, can't control anything regarding my security.

:D 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Password Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 03:46:08 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Password Issue
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 03:54:39 PM »
The password on your account and on the software can be different.
If you don't know/can't remember the password for the software, you will need to perform a clean installation to reset it.