Author Topic: Your welcome gift from Avast is ready  (Read 5436 times)

REDACTED

Your welcome gift from Avast is ready
« on: June 09, 2016, 06:37:08 PM »
Your welcome gift from Avast is ready

Seriously guys, every two hours I get this popup and I've "X"-ed it, opened it, gone into it and unpacked it and said no.

How do you turn this damned thing off?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Your welcome gift from Avast is ready
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:46:11 PM »
You can disable it in the settings of the paid versions as has been explained a huge amount of times on this webboard.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 06:53:16 PM »
If I remember rightly the last time I saw this (and I have been using avast for over 12 years) it had a 'Don't show this again' option in the window, but I don't have a screen capture of a recent popup saved. That said it wasn't a button, but a text link, so might go unnoticed in any hast to kill the window.

I don't recall having any repeats of this Welcome gift, certainly not every two hours.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »
You can disable it in the settings of the paid versions as has been explained a huge amount of times on this webboard.

1. I already searched the forum for anything on "Welcome Gift" and of the small number of responses, none were relevant to the problem.

2. I only registered today so that I could post this question, so your guff about "as has been explained a huge amount of times" is neither appropriate nor even relevant.

Just because you aren't getting any don't take it out on me.

If I remember rightly the last time I saw this (and I have been using avast for over 12 years) it had a 'Don't show this again' option in the window, but I don't have a screen capture of a recent popup saved. That said it wasn't a button, but a text link, so might go unnoticed in any hast to kill the window.

I don't recall having any repeats of this Welcome gift, certainly not every two hours.

Thanks David.

I can't see any "Don't show this again' option on any of the windows (I took a screenshot), but next time it pops up I will go through all of the screens and see if that option exists (pretty sure it doesn't as I've already been through it before).

I'm not in a haste to kill the window, but after the 20th time of discarding the same popup it gets a bit boring.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 08:13:59 PM »
You're welcome.

Whilst you may get a few of these over a few days as a new user ?
If so, this been seen in the forums, but hard to find with a pretty weak search function (you have to be spot on with search term).

I'm really surprised at getting it every two hours.

From your first post I assumed you were using the free version as that welcome gift would be very unusual if you were using a paid option (so there would be no option to disable popups as suggested).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:16:21 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security