Author Topic: I am pissed.  (Read 5696 times)

REDACTED

I am pissed.
« on: June 15, 2016, 01:37:54 AM »
Thanks avast for installing something I did not ask for. I do not want or need your safe zone browser and there is no way to remove it other than to uninstall avast. I have been a happy avast user for several years now. BUT I do not like having things installed on my computer with out me saying yes or no. So thanks and so long. BYE >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
Re: I am pissed.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 01:44:34 AM »
You don't have to uninstall Avast in order to remove the SafeZone Browser.  Go to control panel, uninstall program, right click on Avast, change, then modify and untick the SafeZone Browser. Restart your computer.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 01:52:56 AM »
It is not so much that I could not find out how to remove it. It is the fact that it was installed without my say so. To me having a program install something  without my permission is just the same as a virus or trojan doing that.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 01:59:40 AM »
It installed without my permission too but I like the SafeZone Browser and I use it every day.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 12:54:27 PM »
Hello,
what did you do before the SafeZone appeared? Did you do clean install of Avast, or Avast update?

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:17:41 AM »
no as I have said, I have been using avast for several years now. The other day avast just updated and said that it needed to restart my computer. I may have to check my settings and see if something changed. No they are how i had them set. Virus def set to auto update and program set to ask to download. I have a browser that I like and see no need to have another. I also use spybot S&D. malwarebytes anti malware. I use adblock and adblock +, noscript in my browser. I have had a computer destroyed by viruses, and hard drives messed up. So, I am very careful as to where I go on the internet and what I download. I can not figure out what happened.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 04:43:49 PM »
I agree for me i am forced to use safe zone, If i uninstall it I cannot use any web browser as i have a DNS error due to the fact avast is blocking my choice of browser not happy Jan, unless i am missing something ???

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »
no as I have said, I have been using avast for several years now. The other day avast just updated and said that it needed to restart my computer. I may have to check my settings and see if something changed. No they are how i had them set. Virus def set to auto update and program set to ask to download. I have a browser that I like and see no need to have another. I also use spybot S&D. malwarebytes anti malware. I use adblock and adblock +, noscript in my browser. I have had a computer destroyed by viruses, and hard drives messed up. So, I am very careful as to where I go on the internet and what I download. I can not figure out what happened.
Same here...
Avast updated, and boom, SZ browser is installed without asking.

funny taking into account I like using avast to update installed programs without them asking to install bunch of unwanted stuff.

And then avast does exactly that, withou even asking if I wanted it.

Sorry but I'm very happy with Firefox.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »
Same here...
Avast updated, and boom, SZ browser is installed without asking.

funny taking into account I like using avast to update installed programs without them asking to install bunch of unwanted stuff.

And then avast does exactly that, withou even asking if I wanted it.

Sorry but I'm very happy with Firefox.
You can configure your Avast setup/upgrade to not install SafeZone browser via Windows Control Panel > Programs & Options.
Also in installations from scratch, you can choose Custom installation and uncheck SafeZone browser.
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 10:13:39 PM »
So i have registered here just to express my anger about this same matter, and about your fishy business tactics in general. This uninstall had it a long time coming.

I didnt do a new install, Avast has been here for ages, usually in game mode because in the latest years it has become a constant spammy ad monger, but whatever, its free, right? Yesterday when i got home and started my PC, Avast notified in a pop up on start up that it had updated. Said pop up had 2 check boxes about installing Google Chrome and some fishy toolbar, and a Next button making it look like normal. I proceeded to uncheck  the boxes and continue.

Then in the next screen i get a new low standard from Avast: i get a screen that looks EXACTLY like a Cancel/Next dialogue, but it is some bull about installing some other crapware, and the buttons are changed to 'Accept' and 'Decline Offer', inverted to deceive me into clicking what would be the natural Next or Finish button.

From there on, im not very happy. Then i come home today, start my PC, and im notified yet again by Avast that it has updated. Same Google Chrome checkboxes, uncheck and continue. Everything seems well... wait... what is that new icon on my desktop?

I didnt accept anything, nor click anything. This is the very thing for which i have an antivirus installed, and you are doing it? What the hell?

Sure, various fanboys and CMs will be like "oh, but you did accept, it was in the license agreement!".... That is utter bull, and you know it perfectly well. And if you dont, well, have it checked because maybe you shouldnt be a sponsored poster in an antivirus community.

Also, the team says "oh but you can easily disable it in control panel/avast/avast features/avast shady fishy features/random folder/etc etc". Yeah, but it comes ENABLED, and it installs without my specific consent. Same thing, if you guys cannot fathom that have yourself checked lol.

Of course, you know all this perfectly, and the truth is you dont care. Well, i dont care either, so there goes ALL of your licensed software away from my computer. And most likely i will torrent your Pro version, just to get back at you fools. So whatever, ban this account, i couldnt care less about you and your ghetto business tactics. Get a clue.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 12:25:51 PM »
avast had (and has) the right to install application updates without asking the user first.
They can do it again if they want, because the user did gave permission for it.

Time traveling is not possible (even Stephen Hawking says so).
Things that happened can't be undone.
Learn to live with it.

I (as most people) do not have a problem with the SafeZone browser made available to the free users as it already was to the paid users.
I (as most people) do not agree with how avast has done it.
As of the latest avast version the SafeZone Browser is not installed automatically anymore.
Lets hope avast has learned from this and will not roll out a new component this way again.

You can "torrent" the pro version (or any other for that matter) but it will not work for people who download/install it as the license will be blocked.
Besides the legal trouble you can get yourself into, it is just a waste of time.
I would say, there are much more useful things that you can use your time for ;)