Author Topic: Win32:Bifrose-AA ?  (Read 8176 times)

pvp_monster

Win32:Bifrose-AA ?
« on: January 17, 2006, 09:47:16 PM »
i purchased game jackal and updated it thru its updater. I am getting a virus detected from its exe file called maplom. Is this a real virus or is it a false reading. I try to send to avast but its file size is to large. I believe its a false reading its getting from my software as i have ran a full system scan and receive no other virus alerts.

Barr_y

Re: Win32:Bifrose-AA ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 10:15:45 PM »
Hi I have just had the same warning since the last up-date on my computer called adc.exe with the same
file warning as you called Win32:Bifrose-AA ? This happened to be my Advanced Disc Cleaner from Innovative Solutions.

pvp_monster

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 10:27:39 PM »
yes mine happend using game jackle i do not understand it but i think its a false reading i hope

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 10:35:18 PM »
If you are getting a virus warning that you believe is a false positive, then if you can zip and password protect ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no spaces).

Give a brief outline of the problem (possibly a link to this thread), the fact that you believe it to be a either a new, undetected virus or false positive and include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast version and VPS number (see about avast {right click avast icon}) will also help.

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. You can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.
Or VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner

If it is indeed a false positive, add it to the exclusions lists and check scan it periodically using the ashQuick scan (right click scan), when it is no longer detected then remove it from the exclusions.
Also see (Mini Sticky) False Positives
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 11:29:54 PM »
Hi pvp-monster and barr-y,

Why don't you update the assumed FPs to: http://virusscan.jotti.org/ to see whether Avast is the only AV scan that flags this file in question. If so you have the more reason to update it to Avast as a FP. For a second opinion you could also update these files to:
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html

Greets,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

pvp_monster

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 01:47:54 PM »
thank you for your advice davidr and polonus i did what you told me and it came up clean on all the other virus scanners. I used http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html for the scanning

Barr_y

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 02:16:05 PM »
I also ran the test and Avast was the only one that found Win32:Bifrose-AA all others were clear. It is the adc.exe it picks up to say it has the above infection. I have tried that in the exclusions of Avast but it doesn't take any notice as soon as I reinstall it, it picks it up again. I will try putting (Win32:Bifrose-AA) in to see if that cures the problem.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 02:19:56 PM by Barr_y »

Barr_y

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 02:41:08 PM »
What is the matter with Avast. I have put adc.exe and Win32:Bifrose-AA  in the exclusion zone then reinstalled Advanced Disc cleaner and it is still finding the supposed file and not allowing me to use the program. I think an update with a fix is required for this non event virus or Trojan.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 02:56:44 PM »
Hi Barr-y,

These things happen, but you can update the file as a FP.
Other AV-products have these things too, occasionally like DrWeb scans toolbarcop as a malicious.

polonus

Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 03:23:26 PM »
What is the matter with Avast. I have put adc.exe and Win32:Bifrose-AA  in the exclusion zone then reinstalled Advanced Disc cleaner and it is still finding the supposed file and not allowing me to use the program. I think an update with a fix is required for this non event virus or Trojan.
Which inclusions did you add them too?
Standard Shield, Advanced Tab, this is for resident on-access scans or the Program Settings, Exclusions section, which is for the on-demand scans.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 03:29:02 PM »
The problem has already been fixed (VPS 0603-3).

Barr_y

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 03:33:17 PM »
Just had this reply from avast so the problem has been rectified now thank you.
Hello,
thanks for your email. This false alarm was repaired by VPS update 0603-3
Regards Cernik