Author Topic: SIM change notifications sent erroneously  (Read 2929 times)

Offline NightShiftGuru74

SIM change notifications sent erroneously
« on: June 28, 2016, 06:27:37 AM »
I have Avast Anti-Theft installed on my phone, as well as other Avast apps. Me and my wife switched phone carriers and had to change our phone numbers and SIM cards. I had my app set up to send her a text if my SIM card was changed. After we got our new phone numbers, I changed the number that was stored in my app for her. Apparently, her old phone number has already been given to someone else. That person keeps texting me saying that they keep getting texts saying that my SIM card was changed. I don't understand how they are getting those texts when that old phone number is not saved in my app anymore. Also, my new SIM card number is saved in the app. They apparently get the texts any time I restart my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it still does it. Can anyone help?

Offline NightShiftGuru74

Re: SIM change notifications sent erroneously
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 07:57:45 AM »
When I first changed my SIM card, it did require me to enter my PIN and it set off the siren. The new SIM card has been listed as a trusted SIM since then. I don't get the siren or any other messages anymore, but apparently it is still sending the texts to my wife's old phone number every time I restart my phone. The person that has that number is beginning to get irritated.

Offline NightShiftGuru74

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 06:02:12 AM »
I feel like an idiot now. I guess it wasn't Avast Anti-Theft that was sending the messages. I forgot about a system setting on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Active that can send texts if the SIM card is changed. There was the old number! Oops!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 06:26:25 AM »
At least you found it and solved the problem ;)