Author Topic: Auto-Enable GPS does not work  (Read 3320 times)

REDACTED

Auto-Enable GPS does not work
« on: June 30, 2016, 09:10:19 PM »
I activated "Automatically enable GPS" via the web GUI and marked my device as "LOST". Then clicked "Request Location"
But I don't get any location (commands say "Waiting for requested data") and when I check the phone, GPS is still disabled and I can't even find an option to toggle this setting in the app.

Device is a rooted Xperia Z3C with Anti-Theft 4.1.0

Offline hermansky

• Avast team
  • Product Manager - VPNs
Re: Auto-Enable GPS does not work
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 02:50:43 PM »
Hi Flamefire,
unfortunately this feature is not officially supported by android since version 4.1. It is possible only with root, but currently in new Anti-Theft 4.x we don't support root features since amount of rooted devices still decreasing (now it is less than 1% of our active Anti-Theft users).

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 05:18:26 PM »
That is sad. Without this, the locate feature is useless to me (Location services disabled unless I'm using the navigation function due to battery usage)
And the locate feature was the reason I installed this in the first place. So I guess I'll uninstall it and look for another app.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 07:49:01 PM »
Totally agree with the user ... I paid a pro license. What good is it if you have to have the GPS active all the time killing the batter? A totally obsolete tool. I'll cancel my subscription