Author Topic: Double check  (Read 1954 times)

REDACTED

Double check
« on: July 25, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »
Hi all,

So I have avast mobile free and I have been surfing on the internet and when I opened a website, it made that another website opened and then it was like Virus found or something and it was counting down from like 14 or 15. A pop up popped out which said leave or stay on the website, so I left. I scanned the phone with avast mobile free and it says that it is safe so is it sure that it wasnt a virus? What do you think?

REDACTED

Re: Double check
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 04:06:04 PM »
Hello. That was basically a scare-ware page that opened up to try to convince you to click another link to download potentially malicious software.

As long as you exited out of the page and did not download anything, you are safe.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 07:32:47 PM »
I have left it and I don't think that I have downloaded anything. I checked the download history and nothing was there. I had a second situation where I was looking through Google+ and I accidently clicked on some post which moved me to a webite. I left the website straight away before it had loaded fully, I scanned the phone with avast free mobile version, and it says it is safe

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 11:32:21 PM »
Hi, it seems to be a classic peace of advertising, perhaps for some other antivirus. This sometimes happens, when you use the phone for Internet browsing, but as cohbraz says, as long as you haven't clicked on anything, you are safe.