Author Topic: Win32:Batzback-F [Wrm] and jEdit launcher on WinXP pro  (Read 2842 times)

dkrysiak

Win32:Batzback-F [Wrm] and jEdit launcher on WinXP pro
« on: January 27, 2006, 01:36:06 AM »
Hello
I'm using Avast! 4.6 Home Edition and jEdit text-editor (v.4.2final, text, code editing, I recommend for every programmer, webmaster and so on  :) www.jedit.org ) on Windows XP Proffessional.
For launching jEdit I use additional package named jEditLauncher wich is provided separately from jEdit, by one of it's main developers.
After the latest virus database update, Avast finds executable files from this package (.exe files) as infected with Worm named: Win32:Batzback-F [Wrm].
I checked those .exe files - they seem to be unchanged from original versions (downloaded some time ago) so it's very strange that Avast! finds Worms :o ???
This applies to v.0.68 of package.
Latest available version (0.81) seems to be OK - Avast! sees nothing suspicious about these files.
I'm not sure if it is the best place to post this issue but I haven't found any better :(
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 11:49:18 AM by dkrysiak »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Win32:Batzback-F [Wrm] and jEdit launcher on WinXP pro
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 10:14:57 AM »
I can't find the old package anywhere. Can you please pack it using ZIP or RAR, protect it with a password and send it to virus@avast.com (with something like "False alarm" subject)?
Thanks!

dkrysiak

Re: Win32:Batzback-F [Wrm] and jEdit launcher on WinXP pro
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 11:45:25 AM »
I should have expect that  ;)

Mail sent.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 11:49:05 AM by dkrysiak »