Author Topic: No viruses  (Read 1933 times)

clarkgkca

No viruses
« on: January 28, 2006, 10:50:59 AM »
I have been running Avast 4.6 home addition for over three months.  I have a "always on broadband connection".  My quesiton is rather unusual.  I have never detected a virus in the entire time that avast has been installed.  I do weekly scans at the thorough setting and update the virus database daily.  This just seems rather strange, especially when you consider the amount of Spam we get through email, and the fact that i have a teenager that spends alot of time on the internet.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: No viruses
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 11:00:54 AM »
Hello,

Don't be worried about it. Avast! does its job. And I wanted to add that SPAM and viruses are different things. Of course, SPAM may contain viruses inside in some cases. And if you won't get any virus warning when surfing, it's normalas not all sites hide viruses inside  ;D seems your teenager surfs through good and clean sites  ;D If virus will be found in website, webshield will stop it even before you'll get it in your PC, so good luck using avast, surf safe, and don't be worried, avast will warn you when something goes wrong.  ;)