Author Topic: Avast has become a problem after I updated it yesterday  (Read 2072 times)

REDACTED

Avast has become a problem after I updated it yesterday
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forums. If this is in the wrong thread, please refer me to the right one.

So, yesterday when I logged into my PC, I saw that my Avast was turned off. In my hurry and slight panic, I activated it and allowed it to update. This actually proved to be a big mistake.
  After Avast asked me to restart my PC, my mouse has stopped working. It doesn't do anything. It's an USB mouse, I've tried plugging it into every USB port available in my PC, but it only blinks red for a second, and then stops. Occasionally it blinks red, as if it's trying to connect, but the PC doesn't allow it.

I know for a fact that it isn't the mouse's fault, because I tried using it on my laptop (the thing I use to write this) and it works perfectly. This is also the first time I've had any problems with Avast, but the fact that this is a very major problem, it's very disheartening.

I haven't tried it with another mouse yet, but it's honestly garbage that I have to buy a new mouse because Avast had a update.

Is there a fix for this? Please help, because we all know that without a mouse, a PC is practically useless and I'm getting more and more frustrated with this situation.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast has become a problem after I updated it yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 02:42:06 PM »
- Which Avast..? (Free/Pro/IS/Premier)
- Which version..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 03:10:28 PM »
I use the free one, version 12.3.2280

My PC uses 64 bit, but I have no idea about the SP

The only security software I have installed is Avast, and I've only ever used avast. Any other security software that was pre-installed when I got my pc was uninstalled immidiatly and replaced by Avast.

I also scan through my pc frequently.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 03:25:18 PM »
Reinstall the mouse driver and see what happens.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 03:27:21 PM »
I would've, but it's very hard to do without a mouse. Is there a way to do it without?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 03:30:45 PM »
Sure, that is why a keyboard was invented.
You can do more with a keyboard than with a mouse.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 06:18:02 AM »
Just to be sure, does the mouse work when Avast is disabled..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0