Author Topic: Unstable Internet Connection.  (Read 2034 times)

morbid

Unstable Internet Connection.
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:29:18 AM »
OK here's my problem I have a friend,she's running Windows Xp home edition.Her Nortons Antivirus Subscription was nearing its end.So I recommended that she try avast,I know that nortons had to be removed first before Avast could be installed.So she did and she executed the Avast program.Now all she needed was to register it and receive her key.But when she attempted this she managed to finish it all, but when she hit the register key,she got disconnected.I'm not sure that it's Avast,I think that when Nortons was uninstalled,somehow something got changed.Now when she logs on,she is booted off after only 7or 8 minutes.She still the Avast on the system.But she can receive any updates or the like.Any help would be greatly treasured.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Unstable Internet Connection.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 03:10:23 PM »
Norton is notoriously difficult to remove.

Another link worth looking at which is a program removal tool, which can remove the remnants of a number of different Norton Programs:
Removing your Norton program using SymNRT

Once you have run this reboot, uninstall avast, reboot and install avast again (they don't need to download or register it again).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security