Author Topic: Avast anti virus and Propel accelerator.  (Read 2288 times)

Pcchris

Avast anti virus and Propel accelerator.
« on: February 03, 2006, 02:15:33 AM »
I have read a few posts about the lack of inbound e-mail scanning if Propel accelerator is set to accelerate e-mail. So far, there does not appear to be a solution.
I contacted Propel, and here their response; there may be hope for a fix.

"was able to reproduce the problem with Avast Home Edition version 4.6 and have opened up bug #7715 with our engineering group. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will let you know as soon as I hear any information back about a fix for this. In the meantime, the only workaround is going to be to turn off the email acceleration if you want the real time email scanning from avast. If you have any questions, please let me know."

They said they fixed the problem with Norton and Mcafee, but were unaware of a problem with Avast. I will keep you posted..

Chris

CharleyO

Re: Avast anti virus and Propel accelerator.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 02:21:01 AM »

Thanks for the update! I know there will be others on dial-up who will be interested in the outcome of whatever Propel can do.    :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast anti virus and Propel accelerator.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 02:25:49 AM »
Thanks for letting us know and more so for letting the Propel people know.

If you haven't alread done a forum search for Propel there are a few threads so you can see if anything else has been suggested.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security