Author Topic: on access scanner message  (Read 6997 times)

trolleygod

on access scanner message
« on: December 07, 2003, 08:55:39 PM »
hey y'all
I'm new to avast. is there a way to turn off the on access scanner message? some times it takes over my whole screen

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:on access scanner message
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 09:38:27 PM »
hey y'all
I'm new to avast. is there a way to turn off the on access scanner message? some times it takes over my whole screen

Could you post a screenshot of this window?
I cannot figure out which message you are talking about...  :-\
The best things in life are free.

trolleygod

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 11:01:27 PM »
Thanks anyway Technical, i got it figgered out, but while you're here...... when i start Avast and it does its test of memory and startup it detects a trojan in c:\windows\system32:arotmmk.dll. If I try to send it to the chest or repair it, i get a message saying it can't be accessed 'cause its being used by another process. When I search for that file I can't find it anywhere. Housecall, Solo, and Stinger don't seem to think there's any virus in Windows. Any ideas ?
                                 Thanx

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 12:58:48 AM »
Thanks anyway Technical, i got it figgered out, but while you're here...... when i start Avast and it does its test of memory and startup it detects a trojan in c:\windows\system32:arotmmk.dll. If I try to send it to the chest or repair it, i get a message saying it can't be accessed 'cause its being used by another process. When I search for that file I can't find it anywhere. Housecall, Solo, and Stinger don't seem to think there's any virus in Windows. Any ideas ?
Thanx

Try to post at Viruses forum. Raman is one of the best avast! users for giving you help on these things... Anyway, I suggest you schedule a boot-time scanning of avast! I tried a search on avast! and Google and do not find anything related to arotmmk.dll...
The best things in life are free.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 01:54:36 AM »
housecall did not find anything? VERY odd. possible fale positive?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

smorgas76

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 05:02:21 AM »
trolleygod how did you stop the messages from poping up i got that same problem?