Author Topic: Auto Subscription - credit card expired  (Read 2052 times)

REDACTED

Auto Subscription - credit card expired
« on: October 23, 2016, 12:09:00 PM »
I received an email stating that payment couldn't be taken as my credit card had expired. I followed the link provided which took me to a login screen. I tried to login using the details provided in the email but nothing happened - the same screen reappeared.

I raised a ticket and was informed that my query had been forwarded to Digital River who would be in touch with me shortly.

This was 3 days ago.

I have no problem with paying and simply wish to update my payment details which is not possible via the my.avast.com site.

Meanwhile I appear to be running a free version of Avast Internet Security.

I am also receiving notifications about threats being detected and blocked with no way of doing anything about them. Fine, they're blocked but I need them removed as the notifications are becoming very annoying. The threats are firefox and svchost.

I recently had a security update to windows 10 and was wondering if this could have triggered the notifications as they started around the time of the update

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Auto Subscription - credit card expired
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »
For the ticket :
Have some patience. It is weekend and they do mean workdays

For the alerts :
As you are using FireFox, it can be this > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=192094.msg1344186#msg1344186
If not, follow the instructions > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 06:35:05 PM »
I raised a ticket and was informed that my query had been forwarded to Digital River who would be in touch with me shortly.

Hi Ian161,

I couldn't find your ticket in our system. Could you please post your ticket ID?

Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »
The ticket ID is #557369 but it looks as if it was closed

One of the pop-ups is as follows:

<female voice saying "threat has been detected">

Threat Blocked

Object
https://131.253.61.96/

Infection
URL:Mal

Process
C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Report the file as a false positive

The only option it gives me is to Run Smart Scan which I have done but the scan returns the same results each time - all positive, no problems.

I also just got a pop-up for Word 2016. They pop-up about every 30 seconds.

I feel inclined to report them as false positives but would prefer to be told that it is safe to do so.

The links mentioned above don't appear to relate to my problem - there is no mention of poorly rated add-ons. I'll install software obtained from links on a forum only as a last resort.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:02:38 PM by Ian161 »

Offline HonzaZ

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »
Regarding the popup: 131.253.61.96 was a false positive, and the detection was disabled as soon as possible. It was live from 20.10., 10:44 to 11:17 (CEST). If you still get the warning, update your shields manually.