Author Topic: Auto ON at startup?  (Read 2511 times)

LambChop

Auto ON at startup?
« on: February 08, 2006, 04:14:53 PM »
As I have stated earlier -- I am new to AVAST free home edition, I have attempted to find the answer to this question -- but, did not find an answer -- this is not to say that I may have over looked one -- for which I apologize!

Q
Is there any setting that will auto start the Resident Protection?
I have to keep activating it all the time -- I would like it to come on the minute I start my computer along with the web protection?
 ??? :o

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Auto ON at startup?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 05:10:43 PM »
The resident protection should start automatically (depends on which one), assuming that you have enabled what you want or rather havent terminated any that run automatically.

So it should come one when the system starts, you might not see the avast icon, which is the user interface but not the protection for a little while, then you see it spinning. There is a lot going on at boot (restrict non-essential programs), other essential processes starting.

The ashMaiSv.exe and ashWebSv.exe are windows services that start Manually, e.g. they need to be enabled in avast however these will start a little later than essential programs/processes.

So can you expand what your problem further, what is it that you want to start or what is it that hasn't started ?
What is your OS ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security