Author Topic: Can't disable charging booster  (Read 10631 times)

REDACTED

Can't disable charging booster
« on: November 05, 2016, 06:51:41 PM »
Galaxy s7 (sm-g920a) running Android 6.0.1 with the most recent update for avast.

I cannot disable the charging booster. In the charging booster settings page the slider at the top right is Gray but locked to the right. Any ideas? I don't want to use this feature, just the antivirus.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Can't disable charging booster
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 05:53:29 PM »
Hi, do you also use the Avast Battery Saver? If you do, you need to disable the Charging booster there (ABS -> Tools -> Settings -> Charging booster).

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:31:07 PM »
Have you tried to move the greyed out icon? That turned it off for me...

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:43:02 PM »
I am also unable to turn off the Avast Charging Boost. The slider will not slide to turn off the booster. I am not using the Avast Battery Saver.
This is annoying that I have to press home button, slide to the right, then thumb print to unlock my phone.

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 11:18:27 AM »
Hi,

do you use some app like Twilight, CF.lumen or other "color overlay" apps? Because of our "tapjacking" protection the switch won't work when there's an overlay over it.

Ondra

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 08:08:01 AM »
Thank you Ondra for that answer! I also couldn't get it to switch off. I also have Twilight on my Android and as soon as I paused that I had no trouble switching off the booster.